Why should I call a pro?
Successfully eliminating termites from a home requires extensive training and specialized skills. Detailed knowledge of building construction is essential to identify potential termite access points, which are often inaccessible and well hidden. Proper termite control also requires specialized equipment, such as large-volume tanks, masonry drills and treatment rods designed to apply the product into the soil and other areas. The damage caused by applying pesticides without the right training and tools can be expensive and difficult to correct. Ultimately, calling a pro will prevent damage and save you time and money.
Steps to take when working with a professional
Step 1: Do your research
Make sure the professional you contact has an applicator license. Ask for a list of references and about membership in professional trade associations. To be safe, you can contact the Better Business Bureau regarding past performance.
Step 2: Get an inspection
A thorough home inspection is essential. To provide you with an accurate treatment quote, a pest management professional needs to visually inspect your home firsthand.
Step 3: Get your questions answered
At the inspection, make sure to get all of your questions answered. Here are important ones to ask:
- What species of termites do I have?
- What is the severity of the damage? Where is it?
- Which termiticide are you using?
- How quickly will the termites be eliminated from my home? Will they stop feeding right away?
- How long will it protect my home?
- How long will treatment take?
- How soon can we use the area that was treated?
- Will more treatments be needed, and if so, how often?
- What results can I expect?
- How will I know that the treatment was successful?
- Do I need to keep my pets away from the treated area? If so, for how long?
- Do we have to leave our home once the treatment is made?
Why do we only sell Altriset to professionals?
It is easy to misidentify insects and misuse an insect control product. Improper application can reduce product performance and may violate state and federal laws. Altriset® termiticide is exclusively intended for use by professionals licensed or registered by their state to apply termite treatments. Pest management professionals have the experience and training to safely and effectively apply professional termite products.
For use by individuals/firms licensed or registered by the state to apply termiticide products.
©2013 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties. Please check with your state or local Extension Service to ensure registration status. Altriset®, For Life Uninterrupted™ and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.